I compiled these Greek Life statistics from ECU and Cornell’s Greek Life sites. Be sure to share these Greek Life statistics with the men you are recruiting to show what great things being Greek can accomplish.
- There are over 9 million Greek members nationally
- Of the nation’s 50 largest corporations, 43 are headed by fraternity men.
- 85% of the Fortune 500 executives belong to a fraternity.
- 40 of 47 U.S. Supreme Court Justices since 1910 were fraternity men.
- 76% of all Congressmen and Senators belong to a fraternity.
- Every U.S. President and Vice President, except two in each office, born since the first social fraternity was founded in 1825 have been members of a fraternity.
- 63% of the U.S. President’s Cabinet members since 1900 have been Greek.
- A National Conference report shows a high percentage of the 4,000 NIC fraternity chapters are above the All-Men’s scholastic average on their respective campuses.
- A U.S. Government study shows that over 70% of all those who join a fraternity/sororitiy graduate, while under 50% of all non-fraternity/sorority persons graduate.
- Less than 2% of an average college student’s expenses go toward fraternity dues. (U.S. Office of Education)
- Over 85% of the student leaders on some 730 campuses are involved in the Greek community.
- 1 st Female Senator was Greek
- 1 st Female Astronaut was Greek
- All of the Apollo 11 Astronauts are Greek
- Over $7 million is raised each year by Greeks nationally
- The Greek system is the largest network of volunteers in the US, with members donating over 10 million hours of volunteer service each year
- 71% of those listed in “Who’s Who in America” belong to a fraternity
- As Alumni, Greeks give approximately 75% of all money donated to universities
- There are 123 fraternities and sororities with 9 million members total
- There are 750,000 undergraduate members in 12,000 chapters on more than 800 campuses in the USA and Canada
Have more Greek Life Statistics?
Please share your stats below in the comment section. I would love to hear it!